A Mis-Fire Train Chase Down Old US 90 in South Louisiana

  The ride would be nearly a thousand miles but I felt I should do it if I really wanted before I got much older.  It  has never been  a "bucket list" thing, a term I abhor but I guess what I just said sounds like a "bl".  The last thing I want in life is another flipping list.  My life has been driven by lists. At work, at home and in between. Nope, this was just a thing that I could do or not. Of course it involved following tracks back to where I started. That is pretty much covered in the title. I'm not going to further the discussion of that ride idea since it didn't happen as I've pretty much done parts of it but not all parts at once which now that I reflect seems pretty stupid, exactly what I was thinking as I finished filling up in Henderson and then reversed course and ended up at the Wax Lake Bridge with my bike laying on its  side in the soft dirt and I was feeling stupider.  Nevertheless, I could have been in "you know where"  Egypt instead of a place I basically call a camp. Nope, I didn't take a picture to enhance your lololols party.
But I did take these.
Now, you will say that they are the same shots repeated over and over.
No, they were taken today, duh, and be glad that I didn't go the 1000 miles.
I did 150 miles  and produced 200 plus half I culled.
In New Iberia, La. {for the foreign readers}
OK, you can't bypass this beauty. 
One has already been taken to the Oranger. 
The Oranger performs Lobotomies on classic engines.
The first thing they say after exiting the Orantger's operating room is,
"I don't know where to go, I don't know what to do".
Yes, it is pretty sad.
 There's nothing coming so don't strain. (New Iberia)
Old US 90, southeast New Iberia, La., USA.
 I got messed with the other day near here (Baldwin)  and refused to be intimidated.
I went back and blew my horn while yelling  anti Rap sayings as I passed the culprits' house.
I let them chase me for a while staying just out of spear chucking distance. 
 I noted that the L&D was preparing to leave and that if nothing else it would put on a show.
I looked at the old bridge.
Memories flowed like the water beneath it.
Here she came with her black carbon black cars.

She had the green light.  I do get excited at green lights.
I backed off to make it last longer.

Remember, I like to fool around with a the shots a little. Grant me my small pleasures.
I call this one "the goal post".




The light turned red.
Ya see that little house. It use to be on top when there were two tracks crossing the bridge.
I made one part of that up.  Your guess which one.
I caught her stopped at Bayou Sale. They were resetting the switch.
Realizing that the dude was there startled me.
I regained my composure and shot the shot.
One day these will be noted as "epic".
Hustling down to the truck stop on 317 I got these.
Again she was stopped so the switch could be turned to enter the North Bend Branch.
I don't hear that term anymore.






Then I went to Wax Lake Outlet Bridge and dumped my bike.
That took the air out of my balloon.
There was a big freight coming but I didn't care. I was hot and bothered after spending 45 minutes
repairing the bike to pass inspection.
I then left the railroad and got on Old 90 to carefully putt home.
At Garden City my heart sunk.
The store was gone. I can't talk about it right now.
Hopefully it was moved and preserved.

I kinda got back on track at New Iberia.
Mz Allegheny and Mz Utah cheered me up.
What cooler bookends can a train have.

Then I saw the one  I was going to see at Wax Lake. I'd caught it.






The radio said it had to stay put at Cade, that's why I caught it.
Because this one was coming. 
Even though the sun was wrong I gave the trestle crossing a try.



There is something about seeing such behemoths elevated.

That's it, some good, some bad.
Anyone I come home from is just fine with me.