The Red River Railroad and Smith

In LeCompte, La.


That's the short story on the railroads temporary demise.
While looking for something else, I found this in "Louisiana:
A Guide to the State", by the Louisiana's Writer's Project.
I was looking for "Natchitoches Railroad", yet another
project. This is part of an explanation of what lead up to
the Battle of Mansfield, a Civil War landmark battle.
Here's is the down and dirty of the RRRR's fate.

This is the deal. I've become a little jaded about posting long, time consuming articles so an unappreciative public can have the goodies for nothing. But, I'm not so jaded that I won't give these labor intensive writes up for free, you just have to beg. For a full page picture of this article just write and I'll know you are a sincere history buff and not an image punk.  Put this all together, "trainchaser 2011 @ gmail.com" and ask . No, don't  use the quotes.