2003 ... Getting Started


 These two ride reports were done originally in 2003. The ferry one was redone a while back with a few added pictures. The first one is still on the original Geocites Egret background.

Back then I was on a mission. I'd seen this TV series about disappearing Louisiana and I was convinced that the situation was very desperate. I set out to find as much as I could. When my daughter moved to Southeast La. my scope widened. Mississippi and the Northshore (colloquial spelling) were short distances away. Adventure was at my doorstep and I took advantage of it.

These two old ramblings will get you started with the new blog. The old and the new will be mixed up.  This is not going to be a chronological study of my history, but a very complex look at 2 great areas.




































 This one is about the New Roads / St.Francisville Ferry, now sadly gone.