Southern Pacific Railroad> The Gibson Spur and Old Pictures

The truth about RR Alley was found on a recent trip to Shriever, La.
I'll link that soon.

Below are a few pictures that were gathered in a hunt for the source 
of the name "Railroad Alley" on a street sign in Gibson Louisiana.
When I'd first found the street sign I had asked if anyone knew about it.
I only got speculation.
The answer, as I speculate with assurance, is that it was along a spur that went to the 
Gibson sugar mill.  David Ellzey was a great help in weeding out that information.
The following pictures were lagniappe. 
Many are those of Russell Lee who saved these scenes of South Louisiana, 
some that don't seem so far off to me.
They were the ones I liked as I easily connected with them.
There are probably some duplicates.
After posting so many I lose track.

1938 Russell LeRoy Photo of men standing in Gibson, La.
Many of these shots will lead to future investigations.
Ever hear about the Donaldsonville to Nepoleonville route. The building below is important
in that history.
This is a prize.
I think I've been in this building as a child.
Been there.
This was down the road from where I lived.
I later, much later, found it on a bike trip to the old Army Air Force base, 
the same place as the blimp and hanger pictured above.
Ah, another mystery.