Southern Pacific Railroad> History Info Additions

As I progressed up the Teche Valley from Cade to Port Barre, following the route of the Southern Pacific branch line, I missed stuff. I'm sure I missed a lot. This page has a few pictures and excerpts that might add to the ride.

On the south end of the route, I was told that Lady of the Lake Road was, in part, the beginning of the branch after the train had left the main line. Not exactly. B Beyt Rd. was. I went back and took a few pictures. I'll show you one. The bed, right before a water crossing, is easily seen.

That was ALL WRONG, ALL COMPLETELY WRONG INSTIGATED BY  
what I know was A FIB A FARMER TOLD. He was having fun.
BS and BS'ers reign out in the country.
There's even a BS College in Nina. Professors Boo and Thib teach there.
It has been corrected in the Cade to Port Barre article.


After leaving Breaux Bridge, I made the point that the Missouri Pacific had visited Cecelia and the Southern Pacific had not. I had also mentioned that Cecelia was called Grand Point until about 1940. This is from a tour book done by the Federal Writer's Project in the Great Depression.







Next is from the same source. It starts IN Breaux Bridge and follows La.31 south. The highway was numbered "25" back then. I found it when I was researching the area north of Breaux Bridge, called DeClouet. I think it was named for this DeClouet.














And, I found the exact address of the St.Martinville depot.


On the way up to Port Barre this last time, I detoured down Harold Stutes Road which lies in the the peninsula called Grand Point. I found the SP route.




And, I really tried to get to Frisbee.