Copy :Southeast Louisiana Photo Album (Edited 2012)

This article was updated 5/2011.

I was tidying up the computer a little and came upon this collection of shots from Southeast Louisiana. I figured they would be a good memory test so I'd go through them. Let's see now? This was taken in Warrenton or Clifton while I was chasing 
the GMO Railroad to Tylertown, Mississippi.
  This may have been in Mississippi up the back side of MS 27 when I was chasing the Pearl River. Or, it could be north of Enon, La.
 This is south of Enon on the bluff overlooking the Bogue Chitto River Valley to the north.
  
 Clinton, La. below.  The overlook above Enon, above.
This is the fire tower above the Bogue  Chitto and Enon.
Head of Island, Chinquapin Canal. 
Those are cloud and tree reflections  in the water.
Amite River, south of La.22.
  
  Carbota, south of La.40
  
Lee Landing, lower Tangipahoa River
  
 Uneedas Super Dome, La.40, west of Folsom.
  
 Canadian National train  just before crossing the Bonnet Cairre Spillway at Norco.  
 The Bogue Chitto out of her banks at Isabel, La.16.
  
 Above Grangeville.
  
 Discontented.  La.445 Two days ago, those were good cars and trucks.  
 Probably Slaughter, La.
  
  This is the well at Chatawa, MS. There is always a shadowy chill at Chatawa. The Tangipahoa runs deep and narrow below a high bluff. In the woods above the river, strange happenings haunt the area. It makes one wary. 
Update, the well is gone an soon the post office will be, also.
The bridge will not be repaired. The community is terminal.
 
 Amite
  
Honey Island swamp. G.daughter just told me it was a trestle. It is very close to where Old US 11 crossed the Pearl River/Honey Is. Swamp and entered Mississippi. I knew it. I-59 now does it.
  
  Barn on the way to Hell, La.66(6)
  
 Folsom beauty, deserted.
  
The  Britney sign was gone on my last visit in 2012.
She has just landed a multimillion dollar contract to do American Idle.
Maybe the Britney sign will return.
OK, it was probably stolen. Wasn't me, I have 2 already.
  
 Angie, La.
  
 Angie, Angie, when will those clouds all disappear? Angie, Angie, where will it lead us from here? With no loving in our souls and no money in our coats .. You can't say we're satisfied But Angie, Angie, you can't say we never tried Angie, you're beautiful, but ain't it time we said good-bye? Angie, I still love you, remember all those nights we cried? All the dreams we held so close seemed to all go up in smoke Let me whisper in your ear: Angie, Angie, where will it lead us from here? Oh, Angie, don't you weep, all your kisses still taste sweet I hate that sadness in your eyes But Angie, Angie, ain't it time we said good-bye? With no loving in our souls and no money in our coats You can't say we're satisfied But Angie, I still love you, baby Ev'rywhere I look I see your eyes There ain't a woman that comes close to you.  Come on Baby, dry your eyes But Angie, Angie, ain't it good to be alive? Angie, Angie, they can't say we never tried .

Oops, I drifted for a moment. Choctaw Road,  you were thinking west Oklahoma?

  

 Delacroix before the big one.

  

Bogalusa Southwest of Bogalusa Near Clinton Bogalusa  
Amite R. just before she hits Lake Maurapas. 
Tiger Bluff Landing 
 
 Spider where I was taking a break.
  
  Fort Adams/ French Fort, Ms.
  
 St.Francisville Ferry (RIP)
  
 Bonnet Cairre Spillway at flood.
  
 Sprinfield, La.
  
 La.22, west of Madisonville 
  Franklinton, La.
  French Settlement 

 Franklinton Fairgrounds exhibits.

Southeast Louisiana  is the soul of the boot which is Louisiana east of the Mississippi. These were a few pictures from that general area. The ride is worth it.