The C&P Recon Ride p4

I've gotten to the point in the write where I tuck in behind the wind screen and twist it. This is also the point in the ride where I did the same. La.489 is a great little road. I found nothing but pine trees where I thought the last spike had been driven.



I did find a log cabin.







I was starting to get worn out with the C&P. The road had supplanted the mission. I fell into what motorcyclist call rhythm. That doesn't mean fast or slow, I guess it's where everything is in sync and flowing along. Or, I was dehydrated nearing sun stroke status. I don't remember it being hot, but what does that mean?

I reached La.465 south of La.28, the Alex to Leesville road.
I saw a farmhouse with a box car behind it.



It had no markings, was it stolen?



I reached La. 28. I sat there pondering the situation. I usually turn a ride around at 3pm. Being that it was daylight savings time, wasn't it was really 2pm sun time, I rationalized. I turned toward Leesville. La. 28 is being 4 laned. The state police are heavy along that route, so be cool. My next S mark would be the C&P's crossing as it went north of 28. I would not pursue it as I wanted to use my time in Leesville. The final C&P picture would be stunning and a great way to end this stretch of research.



S10 marks the spot. You can see how it turns west after crossing the main highway. The Calcasieu Basin is a tangle of riveretts. I'm sure crossing it was well planned to be the most efficient. Or maybe not? I know a lot of post had to be driven for those trestles. I sure would like to find one. The remainder of the C&P would have to wait. I was going to Leesville.



I saw this shortcut. I missed it, but found a way to it. I rode for 5 miles and came to a "Road Closed" sign.



Where I wanted to go was in sight.

I threw a tantrum in the middle of the road. I cursed Louisiana, Vernon Parish, the DOTD guys and my mother in law since I've been so restrained lately. Never let a good tantrum go unstoked. After I'd blown my wistle and the pressure was down, I calmly reversed course and returned to La.28 for another try at getting to the tracks in Leesville. My GPS wanted to take me back to the out bridge, I cursed her too. She's long known her name rhymes with "itch".

Nevertheless, I did find a neat way into Leesville. By the way, Leesville takes a bad rap. It is a very nice little town. I sensed I was near a historic lumber mill. I have that ability.



What did I tell you.



I just reviewed the Leesville pictures. There's no way I can add them
to this page.

Click Here to go to the next page.