Plaquemine and Back p5

I headed north on La.1 in pursuit of the first point where a train could be seen coming south from Grosse Tete. I noticed a freight stopped on the tracks pointed south. I took out my camera to take the obligatory shot when a real laugh occurred.



The next pictures are not very good. I was shooting into the sun and they are zoomed out pretty far.

This above picture is zoomed and cropped. Unfortunately, I could not make out the number which messes up my theory.



Here came the lead 2 of the Trio.





The pictures expand when clicked. The engine numbers are 5371 and 7895 The missing CSX engine is 5307. It had been dropped off. Was 5307 pulling the sidetracked freight? Could be.

If I had put the throttle to the stops, could I have caught the Trio emerging from the wilderness, No, so don't try it.

Needing a grin and getting one, I moved on.
Another grin was had seeing the oaks that lined La.1. Similar oaks are along US 190 coming into Baton Rouge from the west.



Here's the page map.



More grins were to come.

I saw a light shining from within an industry gate.



I was off of La.1 and decided to make the block toward the river. The river is where you find history. A familiar family's name, Levert, was mentioned on this historical marker next to the river. The Leverts own St. Johns Mill near St. Martinville.



I next crossed La.1 and checked out the Addis train yard.









I moved on and found this old bank, now a museum.







Behind it was a caboose. The museum was in the right place to pick up on a caboose.



High Tech



Handy part numbers make the job easier.



While there, here came another one.



Your Tropicana Orange Juice is on its way.



The highway sign reminds me, it's La. 990, once known as La.1, now referred to locally as Old 1.
The Addis yard is aligned with the tracks coming from Grosse Tete. It is possible that 5307 had been left there. I saw an engine I believed had those numbers but looked to be a different type of engine?? I need to learn to just let some things go. I hooked back up with La.1 and continued north until coming to La.989-1. I went west on it until the tracks where I stopped for this picture and where I'll stop this page. CLICK HERE to go to the next page. That will be the grand finale.