The Adventures of Mz Utah (6/25/2016)

I had sensed that Mz Utah would repeat last Saturday's visit to the Lafayette Yard.
Having a later start  this Saturday, I missed her leap from New Iberia to Lafayette.
She, as last week, would have to sit in the hot sun and wait for that snot nosed floozie, 
Mz Sunset, to clear the tracks.
A link is now available to ride last week's adventure: CLICK HERE
Go crazy, do a twofer.

I went to New Iberia and left.wondering why I was there. 
I quickly made for the Lafayette Yard. There she sat in the heat.  The only thing of interest on my way out  of New Iberia was  two orange engines stuck together between rows of cars.  How had they happened to find themselves in that predicament?

As I said, there she was at the yard, and, though in reverse, she was in the lead. 
 Engineers like to drive her.
She likes to be driven.
 View form the Loop St. crossing looking west into the yard.
 The main line is to the far right.
 I got very tired and hot and had to take a  putt to cool off.
Then, as it was almost 1:00, I decided to call it off and maybe go to Alligator Point to catch the Amtrak's arrival, if ever, and Mz Utah's exit when I heard Mz Sunset talking to the dispatcher. 
Their conversations are so pretentious.

I ran fast back down Cameron St. to see the passenger train crossing the University St. underpass.
I got her in my sights after exiting the neighborhood where it is slow going unless shot at.
Out here the speed limit is 45 MPH. I would do 50 to try to catch her.
The car ahead of me had the same idea and we gained on her as the yard limit is 45.
























 There she went, but what about Mz Utah? She had made an escape out of the east end of the yard.
I saw here cross the underpass. I headed south down University with hopes of catching her at Alligator Pt.
It started to rain and I had to stop and stow the electronics or lose them.
I whipped onto General Mouton remembering the Swamp Gallery, owner Lous Fried or Freid?
Nice guy, lived in Mouton Gardens by the Jewish Cemetery.
Inuhgoddaduhvida, one of his few records,  lasted four beers, roughly 28 minutes.
Chairs were stumps fresh from being pulled.
Sap on your pants and dates clothes was a drawback that didn't draw you or her back.
You made the mistake of dancing to Inuhgoddaduhvida only once.
How could one go 4 beers time without a beer?
It went out of business and quickly changed into some game parlor.

I did catch this scene of her assistant crossing Spring St. at Alligator Pt.
 Here, I missed her but caught her assistant crossing the Vermilion River.
Note, this trestle was designed to carry 2 tracks cause that was the way it once was.
Few know that.  That number has surely not risen knowing the readership numbers of this blog.
 Here she is crossing the "Airport Underpass". (that is an ancient term from the dark past)
It was once the only way to get to the airport unless you had a pirougue.
 Exiting the underpass crossing high on the berm. 
Wonder if she felt like she was back home in the Utah  mountains?
Wonder if she longs for those days?
 Here they are getting ready to cross Kaliste Salloom Rd. 
 I've crossed Judge Kaliste Saloom, but that's another story.
 That's it until the next "ADVENTURES OF MZ UTAH".
All Photography by Dorothy O'Bama
Sound by Bernie Sanders.
Body Doubles: Hilary Clinton.
First Boy: Kim Jong Un (actually Hillary's child, check the resemblance)
Nite Nite. 
{The management is not responsible for any nightmares or loss of sleep. We have our own problems}