LA 124 Improved

Here's another great north central La. ride It ranges from the lowlands of the Black River to highlands and back to the Quachita River Valley. A great place to visit is the Jim Bowie Restaurant at Enterprise. Harrisonburg is an interesting town with a Civil War cemetery. There is a local Civil War location nearby.



First of all, I have never been on La.124 south of Jonesville. It will be my next adventure. I want to see if I can get from where the highway ends over to La.107 and back down to Marksville which is only100 miles from home. This may work if not blocked by hunting clubs.



Back to north of US 84:

Coming from Jonesville on US 84, 124 starts as a flat land
tour of oxbow lakes. The pictures below were plucked from
an old Two Wheelin' La. article.











Arriving at Harrisonburg.






Another piece of the Civil War puzzle was placed on the board.



The fort was up the hill overlooking the river or where
the river once was.



I remember the step on the tower were very "soft".



This was my target on this trip. I was in the process
of riding every ferry I could find.



This Quachita River Valley holds some big water.



This was coming into Enterprise.





Disregard the slide show reference. It did work on the website.











I looked to my left being taken off to the Smokey Mtns.












This place was original. It was down the road.






I ended up in Jena and it was 5pm and I was very far from home.
The ride had been worth the job of getting back. La.124 is the
low road. 126 is the high road. Check that road out.