The Challenge: 4 Corners of the Circle



http://www.dotd.la.gov/intermodal/marineandrail/documents/la_rail_plan.pdf

I'm sure you've seen this link but possibly never fully explored it.
It even has a glossary of RR terms in it for  yoyos like me.
Granted it was done in 2003.
It is still pretty neat.
I thought of it when I was preparing a little blog to come on the "Long Way Round",
the route trains must negotiate to get from, for example, Livonia to Lafayette, no small trip. 
I've measured each section and the total is about 390 miles.
That to come.
Some motorcycle riders try to see how many passes they can visit in one day in Colorado.
I may see how many junctions I can document in 8 hours, another rabbit in another briar patch.
Hey George, you might want to bring the gang over for this tour. I'll bet it's one you haven't done yet, maybe?