Somewhere West of Crowley

This was going to go into the GREAT TRAIN PICTURES  blog, but there is just one moving train, one old sitting one and a line of tank cars in a weird place.  The rest are born of boredom waiting on a train that that never came, the Friday Sunset Limited which would have come out of a spectacular sunset. I had it all tuned in. The setting sun was directly inline with the rails west of Crowley. I will have to mark the date because it was awesome.  The train would have been surrounded by the corona of the Sun. That's the only part of the sun I know because it's a beer. Cinco de Mayo, Aheeeeeee.  Better learn that one, senors.
This is the way the pitiful afternoon went. 
Went to Yard. Nada.
Went to the Rayne overpass. There was one, but he wasn't moving, then he did, but I blew the shot.

 Wipe your glasses.
 Here, where Ol' Tiger once slept, tank cars were napping.
These are the north rails that parallel the mainline.
 In the south end of the north yard, Ol' Tiger sat.
I don't know if AKDN had to move her here because of vandals or what.
She was "hidden" back on a spur.
Not hidden too well, I saw her.


 I rode by  a private crossing west of Crowley.
A fella was mowing. 
I asked if I could camp on his crossing and wait for the Sunset, dual meanings implied.
I told him simply what my purpose in life was and how I was a railroad photography
angel sent down to do a photo shoot here in the parish for the Big Boss.
In a slightly south of the border accent, he replied, "No problem".
I'd been down the "No problem" road before and knew how to handle it.
I replied in a questioning voice, "No problem"?
He replied, this time, in an almost neutral accent, reassuringly, "No problem".
I replied, "Muchas Gracias", and we both had a good laugh.
Back toward Crowley. That mill later.
 She'd be coming from there.
It was 3:15 or so.
 Toward Crowley
 I saw what I thought was an old spur.
The remains of the Old Spanish Trail 
are where mi nuevo amigo is mowing.
 From into the sun to away from the sun.
 Farm life.
 Ya see? Stand on the rails and the Sun is setting on the ties.
It would have been a great shot and I would have probably been flattened, blinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night.

 Back in Crowley





 Actually, the Amtrak did come along, but this old steamer was out running it.
Somewhere west of Crowley.