Pictures in Pictures for December and Earlier

The following shots are huge pictures represented by their little "short cut icons, aka, the pictures you see". Click them and the big shots are there for you to download if you want. If you download them I'll know where you live so that could be a consideration. I really don't mind you having them because I enjoy meeting new people, but only if you don't mind me coming by. Your choice. Or, I could call if you'd prefer.

All kidding aside, if these pictures make you happy, I have no problem with you having them, selling them, hording them, looking at them in dark places, whatever, I'm cool with that.
Merry Christmas!!

I've set the boundaries, lets proceed.

Since I'm in a "people mood" we'll start with "People Caught Not Looking".

The big fella below is a Train Doctor. Mick was stuck and
Doc needed to pay the train a visit and get it going. He did.





Besides leasing railroad engines, repairing engines, the
fellas at SILX also do great tune ups.



Bob, there's a man in the ditch taking our picture.
Yea's, he's a nut, just ignore him.



Oh _ _ _ _ {rated double X} I'm here, stuck on Taft St.
and it ain't looking good. Can I take off my seat belt, now?



Next are a few odd balls I'll get out of the way.

Some of these border on "modern art".
Possibly, now you'll have an appreciation for
that style. I'll actually identify what you are
looking at, something the "modern artists" fail
to do and I'll tell you the truth instead of making
you try to figure them out. Like I could say, this one
is titled, "Cow Skin". How long would you try to
manipulate it into that description?
Naw, I won't do that. Here we go.

This one I call, "Side of Old Engine at the SILX Yard"



This one is "Side of An Old Engine at AKDN's Statesman St. Yard".



This one is "1503, Are You Ill?", taken at the SILX facility.



This one is "Hell Bound Train", a title stolen from a song I like.



These are various "pictures in pictures" of my latest Sunset
Limited shots. They are much better than the larger versions.

"Untitled", named after a favorite record album of mine
by the Byrds. Some say the design of the Amtrak engines
resemble a bird.



"Knuckle Head", named after my nickname. I thought it
was my real name for a while.



"Mail Stop", named after what trains once did. Look closely, Mildred.



"What's Wrong Trucker, You Can't Keep Up?"



Just imagine the sheer fear the guy in the black pickup
would be experiencing at night.

"Nellie, Are We Going the Wrong Way?"



Getting very extremely, without a doubt, serious, the 2 Santa Fe engines, so dirty and beat up, but still displaying the colors of a once proud railroad, and putting on a good show, made for an excellent shooting session, which I had no idea I was accomplishing. I never know until I look at these shots, and then look into them, as I've been doing on this post. {I have a large supply of commas, but few periods}

Jointly named, appropriately for the season, here are the "Santa Fays" pictures.

Poor Santa Fays, parked in Cade, waiting for the Prima Donna,
Mz Sunset Limited, to come by.



Could you turn around, dears. Thank you



Next are variations on the same shot.







Bye Girls! The sooty honeys were headed for an evening in Lafayette.

This last one is close to being the original. Maybe it is better
than the "pieces", just as the whole story is better than only parts.
But, sometimes you don't want to know it all but have to listen, anyway,
or maybe you don't want to see everything, but have to look. Mirrors
may be a good example, here.
The debate rages.