BNSF Railroad> Crowley in the Rain


I knew the storms would be arriving during the early afternoon.
I did not feel that taking the big bike was a good idea since my knee was acting  up.
The smaller gravel ready one needed riding any how.
It would be perfect for a ride through Lake Martin, a gorgeous place.





The road west goes by the yard.
The yard was jammed.
A large train occupied the main line.



What were these Tropicana Orange Juice cars doing here?


And they were being pulled by 4 UP road runners.
You see this at Addis and Livonia, not in Lafayette.


It was getting underway but I had no time for a picture chase.
I had heard AKDN & Crowley mentioned on the radio.
I needed to see what engine the AKDN RR was using for that run.


I got dumped on. The water spots on the camera lens says it all. I was soaked.
AKDN 4106 was the engine but there were no cars.
Something was wrong.


I went to the La.13 overpass for shelter and to wait for my orange juice train and one that was in the Crowley siding.



Here came one I was not ready for.



The engine make up resembled the rock trains Mark & I see at Opelousas.


I  don't see  GATX / GMTX engines on these rails.
I know this train was from Livonia.


And, these had to be grain cars.
With AKDN 4106 parked without cars it I began to wonder.
Had these engines taken her cars that are exchanged at La. Rice in Crowley?



Then  the westbound parked tanker car train moved out.




Then came my OJ train.






Pretty weird.
Then I headed south because the storm was coming and I did not want to be in Lafayette traffic in the storm




I went through Ebenezer.
I always think of the band by the same name.



There is a large meeting house down by the bayou.


The bridge was closed and I had to back track to Rayne mindful of the approaching storm.





At that point picture taking was over.
It was tuck in and fly time.
Well, as fast as a semi dirt bike piloted by a geriatric half wit will go.
The big field aerators are magnetic in the hot summer.
Who cares what's in the water.
That's it.
Got home two minutes before all hell broke loose .... 
Sitting under the carport watching the storm and drifting off wondering about wayward OJ trains.
Priceless.