Ramble Ramble Fah Fah Fah

First, the updated title, "Ramble  Ramble Fah Fah Fah" was stolen from a MC5 song.
It's a trick to get those looking for that group's music to read this. Anyone
that is 60 plus years old and still listens that stuff needs therapy. Pass the Prestone.
Just don't share it with your dog.
{Virgil brought back memories}

Now this was a day's ride. It wasn't to Washington State or Utah like Mark is 
getting ready to do, but it was a pull. I did it in 2006 right after the Season of the Witches
in 2005 when Katrina and Rita came to party . Katrina had little effect,  if any, on south
west La., but Rita tore us up, especially toward the Texas border. A lot of that is here.
Ok, I'll read it one more time and add stuff or apologize for  it as I go along.
I quit about half way down, but, it's all there.

I just reviewed a bit more of the outing.
This one is crazy.
How did I end up in Cameron?



{Please change that to, "....million times and never saw it".}
Throughout this one I kept harping back to "dripping rocks" in an attempt to use the old saying, 
"You can't squeeze water out of a rock" or something like that. 
It didn't work as a linking phase and really weirded out 
a few people. Please ignore it.
So, here's the old service station in Sunset.
It is right across from the lumber yard that was on the Southern Pacific's
Lafayette to Alexandria branch.

I got a lot of "distance" out of this historical marker.
It added  to my Civil War interest.


Incorrect, it's La.158 west of La.182 which was US 167.
I was on the Lewisburg Road. That is why I didn't get to Church Point.








Jesus waving from the upstairs window did take me back.
The GPS doesn't lie. I guess that's the way it went.
Seems like I was headed to Eunice.

Today, I do believe there is a RV park there.





Added shots:
This was right after Rita.


This is from the "Hay Day", or possibly after it.
The furniture said "early 60's".
Indeed, the shot was taken in 1961 when Swamp Pop was king.
Interesting curtain.







































































It seems that this should not be the end, but it might be.



 He was "roping the monument until I gave him the "evil eye".




































That didn't last. I blew it up.