Hunting

I've been wanting to refurbish Back Road Riding.
I found this one since it starts off in the McKneely Triangle, I thought
it might be appropriate. This may be hard to follow. I'll run down it 
one more time and see if I can bridge any muddy places.
Of note, the links don't work because these are pictures of the original write.
And: please forgive the prose, mental state, spelling and grammar.





This is...

Getting back to Paulette's note.














Here is a landmark date, "1967". 
I'm not going to speculate as to how it applies to the old tracks, but possibly it might.
"Fordoche Bridge", little more than a covered drain pipe now, was identified.



 Below is Fordoche Bridge





 The links have been left out. I may check them from my html pages and see if they are still good.
But not now.

I was taken with the black church gravestones. 
It was a look into another culture. Service to country was very important
to these men and their families. I suspect that often it was their crowning achievement.









The rodeo now uses the La. 15 landing.
I have recently seen families gathered here on the weekend to 
make the trip over for visits.

 Good, I did insert a map. Morganza would be south of Innis.

This was a low point in my career.

All of these, save for one that is now a hunting camp, are gone. 
I consider my pictures of them to be priceless.









 I'll check these out and see if they still work.





I'll gather those up and post them eventually.
Here we go with the soldier's graves.



















This is the Simmesport approach to the rail bridge which also served La. Highway 1.
I'd visit it again when it was mowed. I may yet go back. There is quite a  hike 
from here to the bridge. Still, I haven't done it and it's there.

 I went south and found this.
The name of the previous place had taken a hit.
 Let's ride over there next Saturday.
 Next was the Yellow Bayou Battle Field.
Of note, Yellow Bayou was General Taylor's last change to corner Banks and his bunch.
It was a sadly different case of David and Goliath. 
Goliath had been damaged, but he was still much bigger and David was worn out.
The fella that saved the northern army at Alexandria, Baily, did it again getting 
the scoundrels across the Atchafalaya on tied together barges.






 
 
 This one is dedicated to Ol' Maggie.
She's on her last legs but still chugging along.
She hasn't changed much but her getting around has got up and left.
Her appetite is still just fine. Sorta like me.