Traffic Control

I heard about a traffic jam between Duchamp Road and New Iberia.
Being at ends, I hopped on the bike to ride over there and watch the action.
Indeed there was a problem.

A stand off? This later.



This big sucker was headed south toward New Iberia.



That's a "4 pack".



Almost all of L&D's engines were out on assignment.



I sat in St.Peter's parking lot turning on the scanner, but its
chatter was drowned out by a rather large visitor coming
down the boulevard.











I jumped on the bike and rode alongside the behemoth.
That was a powerful experience. I felt like a little halfback
behind an invincible blocker.



I headed north and stopped at the parish line.



Here my blocker (4923) and two of his buddies,came.
I knew that there was the other train at Duchamp Road.
I had to figure out where they'd meet.
Drawing on my high school algebra and geometry,
I decided to wing it.







It stopped and the conductor jumped out.



That's right, he's moving the switch manually. Model train
layouts are higher tech than this.



They met, I almost caught them kissing. Early is better
than late, but I would have liked it right on.



I decided, since it was on the way home, I'd follow the north
bound a little more.

The south bound is on the outside. The ground was shaking.



She came roaring past the old Cade Depot location.
BNSF has a signal control department here.





After the show, I turned east on Duchamp and headed on home.
After these two had split, the L&W sent a train down to Bayou Sale
with a long string of carbon black cars and the radio went quiet.