Cool to Steaming: An Early Saturday Morning Ride

First of all, don't mess with motorcyclists.
You don't know what Pandora's Box you'll open.
I think you know you made a big mistake by the way you hid your face at the crossing.

More on that  after this little ride report.

At about 7:30 AM I was listening to Train Radio.
Kathleen was quizzing a conductor down in New Iberia. She wanted to know if  he was ready to go or not. He said that he was and that he'd be running light. (no cars) She said that she showed him picking up 25 cars.   I didn't hear the rest of the conversation because I was flying to my bike By the time I got there he was getting a warrant out of Lafayette heading west. Evidently I  had meandered on my flight to the bike.
At Cade there was no sign.
This is a good example of the elevation rise from New Iberia to Cade.

 Still, the ride over had been cool and the hazy Louisiana summer morning was a thing of beauty.
 At New Iberia there wasn't much going on.
 Then a light lit.
 And the running lights came on. Just possibly I'd have a chase for a portion of the ride home.
 Katheen had given him only the use of the New Iberia side track. The chase flopped.
 Exiting, I saw 1504, Mz Patoutville, parked with her Baldwin carbon black cars.

 I hauled it to Lafayette up the Evangeline Thruway. Nothing was happening at Alligator Point.

 I rode back to Cade when I heard Kathleen say, "You'll meet 2 at Cade".
I stopped at a driveway. The farmer had used his old mattress as a gate. Think about it. A gate would more likely be tampered with than a nasty mattress.  Mattresses have a history that only the owner can appreciate.
They are "urg" to the rest of us.
So goes my feelings for motels.
 Sure nuff, here came Train One of the two which  whoever would meet at Cade.
This picture was taken near Camp Pratt south of t he La.88 / La.182  intersection.
The location is important to the possible police report.


 While I was pulled off of the shoulder, but next to it, a car came at me, I believe purposely and and buzzed me within inches of my front wheel.  I was stunned.  I took out after him and bypassed him when I saw his car stopped at the La.88 crossing.  I rode back south and U-Turned.
 There the worm was. He'd been caught by the train.
 See,  he's hiding and he's  glad there were witnesses.
 You can't hide that.
 Are you a dancer? Is this a school parking sticker:
 That's easy. I have to believe you are just stupid. You can't pull stuff like that in the broad daylight.


Steamed, yes.  Even if you just wandered due to talking on the phone or texting, you are an idiot.
Idiocy is no excuse. Stay in your room.  I'll consider my options.
Needless to say the joy of the morning was gone and I was once again reminded that 
people are a very unknown quantity.