2008 RR&GBone Yard

Once upon a time, I was hiking in the forest.
 The trail opened up and before me lay the remains of what seemed to be an old railroad.


The rails beckoned me on.


And on.


Piles of twisted metal lay about. I wondered what had happened here.


Pushing on through the undergrowth, the tangle opened again.


I was overcome, sensing I was in a lost graveyard, a place machinery had come to die.


They were old loggers. The racks were unmistakable.


The forest was having its revenge.


What once was the dominant, lay dominated.


I moved on.


I climbed atop the tender and shot all around.

Its "U" shape interested me.


Behind the tender there seemed to be what was left of a caboose. (a little bird had whispered that to me).


Then I heard a banging and whimpering.
I saw the large hole in the top of the tender.


Looking down into the dark rusty water, much to my surprise, there was C.Al de LaSalle. 
I had wondered where he had wandered off to.


Yes, Tooty, Al is fine. I fished him out. It wasn't too rough getting him through that hole since he was pretty slimy with all that old oil. He sends hugs and kisses and says he misses you. Please take him back.

In this production, many pictures were donated by E.Leuck of the Southern Forest Heritage Museum at Longleaf, Louisiana without his knowledge.
Both Al and I played ourselves.