Walmart and the Post Office

I'm tired of people accusing me of being worthless.
I am responsible.
The difference is that I see responsibility in a slightly less than
 puritanical way.
For instance, today.
My wife sent me to Walmart and the Post Office
Right off the bat I was delayed.
It's cane cutting season in south La. and all roads and streets
have these contraptions in front of you going 15 mph.
That's fine, they once went 5 mph and fell over a lot.
Putting 2 extra tires on them helped.
Portable air compressors helped more.
With one tire low they would actually waddle like a duck until they fell over.
 I checked to see if Cade  had a Walmart yet.
 Then, New Iberia.
 I know New Iberia has a Post Office.
I didn't know where so I started looking at the depot.

 While there I was depressed to see crewmen dismantling the last remnants of the F&A / SP  wye.
For the layman, that is where 2, maybe 3, old railroads joined another old railroad.
The fact that this evidence is being removed is saddening.
Not many know about this place and when I am gone, that will be one less.
The upside is that those who know will have a significance in their loss, if only minor.
 Being there, still looking around,
 I saw 1504 headed down the old railroad that was maybe 2 or 3 railroads  at one time.
 I tried to catch him to see if he knew where a Walmart was.
 I needed a place to regroup. Burleigh Road is the place where I'm comfortable regrouping.
Usually I'm alone with  my thoughts. Not today.
Here came this loud horn blowing train.

 There were many faces on the windows, small faces.
 It slowly moved on.



 I found my way back to New Iberia where 1504 had returned from somewhere.
 When I tried to catch him again, he retreated. I pursued.
He said the Post Office was over there but there was no Walmart.
 I went over there and a big train was coming at me. It's a gift.


 I gave up and followed him out of town.
 I got home with the bad news. I told her I'd go to Lafayette and look.