The Lost Loop of the OGNE RR p.9

You know, I spent hours explaining how a bunch of old tracks use to run. I think I was obsessing. I'll never get that intense about anywhere again. But, like I said, Crowley was an important place which deserves exploring and understanding, maybe?

On the way back I wasn't feeling too well and didn't want to chance passing out on the interstate so I did the smart thing and rode some loster than Moses gravel road across the Bayou Teluge Wilderness.



Big rains equal high water.



Emerging from the wilderness. I found my way to La.1112
which is near La.98 west of Roberts Cove.



Al just sent a note saying it is a Massey Ferguson set up
for this and that and his note has melted somewhere.
Let me see, he said it's set up for ditching and leveeing
which makes it definitely a rice tractor.

Here, I found it:
The tractor is an old Massey Ferguson rigged up for 'ditchin' and 'puddlin' and levee work with a small backhoe attachment. A long time back there were quite a few 'brands' of tractors being sold, no more

Then there was this. I'm sure it's a valve of some sort.



Last place I remember was Scott, La.

Here are some shots around town.





















Where the west begins and this ends.
Oh, what about the Lost Loop of the Opelousas, Gulf and North East
Railroad and later the Texas and Pacific? It's not lost anymore.