The Lost Loop of the OGNE RR p.3

After leaving Abbeville I followed the old I&V RR to Kaplan. I never take La.14 through town. When you go to Kaplan you have to ride down Mill Street and then do Cushing Ave., their main street. There is a fine museum at the north end of Cushing. But, you know me, Mill is my favorite. Mill is also a very sad place because many of the old businesses are gone with the railroad.

Here are a few pictures and someting new I found this time.



The far right (north side) of this business would be on the
rails.




We are rolling right down Mill Street. Oh, all those rails are gone.



It is obvious we are now where the branches parted from
the main line. The rails would be between the building and
the road.



Only for photography sake. I'm a dryer nut.

This was taken on the west end of Mill away from the rails.
I think it's an incinerator. I rode back to the business and there
were people there doing the deliverance stare so I just did a
UE and split.



This is the last one on the line.



The rails would have run on the high ground back to the
right side of the mill. Across the street were these steps.
I know the depot was on the other end so the steps could
be to another lost building.



And, you have to have a bulk plant.



From Kaplan I took La.35 for a ways then got into the country
for these shots. "I told you not to water the tree too much".



This is the good part of the road.



Up ahead I saw something.



I felt that I was T.E. Lawrence having found the railroad.
CLICK HERE to go to the next page.