Run to the Border 7

The Ride Back Begins

I had a kick on the ride back. I was close to 125 miles from home, but so what. I had a GPS that shows stuff on it including one of my rabbits, train tracks. Old roads can continue to come up with new tricks if you allow them. First a map.



Before I get lost in the pictures, I want to mention Nibletts Bluff.
If you are interested in the Civil War, it is a place. Info is on the
net so just Google it. I did a ride there and it is impressive. There
is an RV campground on the shores of the Sabine. It is very
picturesque. The "walls", dirt levees, are still there with lots of
visual history. Great place. The motif is gray, appropriately.

I rode back up 90 through Toomey. I was probably day
dreaming and missed it. Vinton yielded no new interest
though I didn't look. Next was Edgerly. I had seen a road
sign proclaiming Edgerly Cutoff. Why not? The clouds were
darkening again so why should I hurry home. Ahead was
another of those beautiful structures. I still think of them as
castles.



There was another building.



What does a rice drier do?



They can bring you to places like Edgerly where I found this.



I couldn't find the road to the cemetery. I figured something
was weird.

I just Googled Big Woods Cemetery.

Link One

Link Two

This from there:
"There is a small pass that connects two graveyards: Antioch and Big Woods. There used to be a gate at the connection of these two graveyards. Now there is a sign that states, “beware of Children…or children at play” The legend is that if you see a shadow pass in front of the gate when there is no scientific explanation for a shadow passing there, Then that is a serious warning that you should not be passing there. Some who have passed through the crossing after the sighting of the gatekeeper have never come back. Numerous Ghost hunting societies have lost Compact Flash cards and Hi8 video tapes from the electromagnetic interference out there. Numerous photos of orbs and ectoplasm have been taken here. SWLA Ghost Society has written documentation that this place is in FACT haunted. People have been chased by a truck that seemed to have no driver. Cars and trucks come from the cemeteries, drive to the woods and just disappear".

Here's the Google Search Page. I'm rather happy I didn't find the road. Possibly the road has been "taken".

I was again in Sulfur and two places interested me.





I couldn't find anything on it.

Then there's this strange place. It looks like a WWII Quonset Hut with a stucco face.



Kossa Dancers





Yes, there is a link and it's pretty interesting. CLICK HERE

The Stuff is Next featuring an award winning photo.
Stay tuned. You never know what's next on 90.
CLICK HERE for the next page.