Train Chase: US 190 ..... An Almost Perfect Afternoon

First of all, if you wandered here, it was by accident, as I do
not offer the blog to anyone anymore. It is my personal
journal therefore I know where I was and won't go into that
detail anymore. If you'd still like to read along, go right ahead.

190/741 Went east and waited at Courtableau.



Courtableau Control









Looking up from water to levee road. I liked the dead tree
and cement liner.



A train came but it was not the one at 741. It was a grain train.
It had passed the CSX.





















I returned to 741/190. A high rail from Livonia delivered the crew.
to the dead engine.










He backed up to the crossing and put on his street shoes.





I rode east again all the way to Krotz Springs since I had
a Courtableau bridge crossing already.









I found Railroad St. on the south side of the tracks. It looked
like a small yard had been here. Possibly there was a lumber mill.




















Map of Krtotz Springs. "Front Street"s are usually the
ones along railroad tracks. A mystery here. The configuration
seems to indicate rails. Oh, well, another one in the archives.
Oh, "Almost Perfect". I knocked the lens out of my glasses
and spent 45 minutes on the Courtableau levee looking for them.