Train Chase: The Lafayette Yard Alley



I needed a new place to shoot the Sunset Limited.





















She proceeded into the yard. Yes, I like the lighting. The
train melts into the hugeness of the yard.









Hearing that a train was leaving to the west I flew over to the west switch.
On the way were these new Abrams.



The train was waiting. The engineer had said he had a few
switches to attend to. My timing was perfect. It was the
first time I'd seen a train leave from that track.







Here came the Abrams going to where I hope they blow the
crap out of those that seek to tread on US.





Back at the alley the old engines were changing tracks to
either pull a train out or to do some switching.









Fighting the switch.





Closeups:









I heard L&D 2009, aka Mz Utah, get a warrant between
MP 139 and the East 902 switch. She never showed up
which proves that increments are chosen to cover large
operating areas. She had taken off down the BR, the branch
to Breaux Bridge. Hearing the engineer say he was done
for the day sent me on home at five o'clock.