Train Chase: Waiting for the Sunset in Lafayette

Have mercy, been waitin' for the train all day.
Have mercy, been waitin' for the train all day.
I got my brown paper bag and my take-home pay.

Have mercy, old train be packed up tight.
Have mercy, old train be packed up tight.
Well, I'm glad just to get on and home tonight.

Right on, that train done got me back.
Right on, that train done got me back.
Well, I'll be ridin' on the train till I Cadillac.

Well ...........

The Limited just left L. A. and she's bound for New Orleans.
Well now, the Sunset just left L. A. and she's bound for New Orleans.
Yeah, yeah.
Workin' from one end to the other and all points in between.

She takes a jump through the swamp, well, muddy water turned to wine.
Takes a jump through the deep, dark swamp, muddy water turned to wine.
Yeah, yeah.
Then out to California through the forests and the pines, hey...ah..... hey.......