Stephanie and.....

I read that there were three old girls in a warehouse down at a sugar refinery in Patoutville. I felt like I knew where Patoutville was but I was wrong and resorted to looking at my big Louisiana map book. Patoutville, the other one, is just southeast of Jeanerette, one of the fine old towns of Sugarcane Alley, which is Old US 90 east of New Iberia, my definition. It was 2:30 and a little cool. I heed and hawed and finally got away about 2:45, a record for finally making up my mind. If I couldn't find the girls, I'd be no worse off for the ride as it was a gorgeous afternoon.

I cruised down 347 to St.John Plantation. St.John will come into play later. While I was there, I shot the little rail tug they have on display at the mill. I should have gotten off the bike but time was marching on.



Then it was on to New Iberia where I hooked up with La.87 at Olivier. Which reminds me, I just heard Jim Olivier died. He was an icon of early Lafayette television.

Down 87 I went until I got to the LSU experimental farm. There I crossed the old bridge. The approaches to the bridge, on both sides of the Teche are postcard quality. I took a few pictures so you'd get a little taste of the place.











Here's a nice house near the end of the alley which intersects Old US 90 where I went east toward Jeanerette. I'd be back this way. These rides do get symmetrical.



CLICK HERE to continue.