Opelousas, Gulf, and Northeastern Route in Opelousas

I have run the inner city 3 times. Mark has run it multiples of times. Mark's father, a mature investigator, looked once. We were so far off. These are his words.

"I did some looking on my way back from the country and I believe I saw how the OG headed East out of Opelousas. I headed North on Market St., crossed the UP tracks at Acadiana Supply, and I noticed a rise in the street up ahead. When I got there, it was called Convent St. I turned West, and the street makes a gentle turn toward the Southwest and came to a dead end. Through the trees, I could make out Lou Ana [food products business]. So, I am thinking they [the OG tracks] must have crossed the MP and SP in that area; it must have been a busy, dangerous place with all that traffic! Then I went East on Convent St. which passes just South of Roy Motors. So, you need to explore further East and see if there is evidence at the graveyard and Holy Ghost. What do you think"?



Personally, I think he center punched the route. And,
thank goodness, for many reasons. The map expands
when clicked. On the southwest, I think my drawing of the
connection with the vertical OG rails rails below the horizontal
Union Pacific rails came in as T/ type approach and bent
more to the south as you see there is plenty of room as
the second street north of the UP is dead ended to
accommodate the OG. We may have to send Mark's father out
again to get it right. I bet he wears a fedora hat and carries a
bull whip. Opelousas Jones?