Visiting the Stores and Locks p.6

This will be a catch up page as the write has been moving rather quickly. While we are here on the Berwick side of the river, I'm going to spotlight the area a little more as Bert Berry, the owner of many of the following old post cards, asked me to. This will a disconnected display of old scenes and some new ones.

This old light house was seen when Al and I stopped on Front Street.



Could it be this one?



This is looking from the south up the river. You can see the Morgan City water tower on the right.



Berwick was served by the T&NO Railroad.



We'll cross the old "K" type bridge and come into Paterson on Brashear Avenue, old US.90. The famous old shrimp boat has been there forever. I remember it from my parent's trips in the mid 50's.





If you want to get a better handle on Sugarcane Alley, READ THIS It is a ride I took to Morgan City and then up the bayou a bit. I think you'll enjoy it. Then come back here.

CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEXT PAGE OF THE RIDE

Bert Berry's postcards can be viewed HERE.