Martians and a Four Banger


That over we can commence with Sunday's outing.
I met the L&D tug at the salt mine tied down. (parked)
I guess they'd gone to watch the games at the nearby sports bar.
The Vermilion River was full with recent rain.
The Lafayette Yard was comatose.
 I stopped by Alligator Point and 
witnessed the Agent Orange Patrol heading down the tracks.
Don't eat anything grown on the tracks if it manages to grow.
Seeing rail work vehicles generally means they are 
not sharing the tracks with large fast moving machinery.
I didn't expect anything more and was considering going home.
He was the leader.
The front one had robotic arms with guns that zapped 
whatever it wanted to zap.
Had I been thrust into a  War of the Worlds scene?
Like in Terminator (1), I headed south.

Entering  New Iberia  my spirits were lifted.
A Union Pacific led train was climbing north. I'd chase it.
There were 4 engines.
I was only able to catch the lead  as I had planned the impromptu shot from the ditch poorly.
The folks waiting in their cars were amused by the fact that I had purposely put my motorcycle in the ditch.
"Look Mommy, the man's in the ditch".
Possibly taking pictures of a train from a ditch was amusing, also.

As soon as the last car passed I accelerated out of the ditch achieving velocity born tunnel vision. 
Ever have that experience? It's cool if you are aimed well.
The train had been instructed to "cool it" so I had time 
to mull around the old Cade depot area.
Large pieces of concrete had been unearthed.
I was not that chiper so I didn't examine the pieces for 
artefactual evidence.
 Soon, the lumbering  monster provided a backdrop for the 
large pieces of potentially artefactual evidence.

 Waiting for the train to pass, once again, I endeavored 
to take a few art worthy pictures.
Indeed the train's power came in a 4 pack.
"Rail King".  I like that title.

 Soon it was time to rumble.


A poorly planned shaded shot was taken at Broussard.
At Alligator Point I took the usual approach shots.
She had been limited to 40 mph.
Evidently the powers that be knew about the Martians
fleeing for their  Mother Ship.
Her lack of velocity was problematical.
The whole train started sliding backwards without a warrant request.
Evidently the tracks had not dried. Possibly Agent Orange is oily?
She gave it several tries which will not be published here due to sensitivity issues.

Eventually she made her way up to the bookstore.
Now would be the hard part.
Could I beat her to the Yard.
No problem. The crew stopped 
the train atop the University St. underpass and posed for pictures.
They got out and waved. 
It was Bob and Herald. Hey dudes!!!

With a tooty toot toot they entered the yard.
A red faced engine waited to exit.
I think she'd lost her composure being jealous of Bob and Herald.


About that time an air boat flew across the tracks.
And people ask me why I do this.
Duh?