Rainy Day ... Rain All Day

Rainy day, dream away
Ah .. let the sun take a holiday
{J. Hendrix}


Exiting Breaux Bridge headed to Lafayette. (an eplanation below) 
I was swinging a leg over the DL650's seat when my wife asked if I could change my plans 
and go riding tomorrow. 
She had to be somewhere and if we both left,  our house guest,  my 11 year old granddaughter
would be left "home alone".   That would be so wrong on so many levels I can't start to explain.
Remeber whose granddaughter she is.

No problemo!
The train chase would only be modified. 
She would join me and we'd take the old car.
I prepared food and drink as I know that my rides get extended on occasion.
We hopped in  and I gave her my new little waterproof camera to play with.
Little did I know,  but she is an artist with a digital camera.
Remember whose granddaughter she is.

These shots are exactly why I wanted a waterproof camera. 
(Panansonic Lumix T20, $119 postage incluced)
I love it.

Those who might understand my range of taste, adaptive abilities, and laziness, 
know that I have no problem with blurred and distorted images as they 
are merely another self-proclaimed category of art.
And, I really like railroad related subjects to blur and distort.
Life is a blur, so why not see it as it is.
Or maybe not, but at least that is one take on it.

The previous, and following shots were taken by Lilli.
She is having to read a book (summer homework)
right now or she'd write this up.
Well, probably not.
Remember whose granddaughter she is.

These were taken in a car during torrential downpours.
(most of the time)
The windshield wipers were coming apart and the windows were fogging, not 
to mention the car being bounced around by downburst on occasion.
It was pretty much rock and roll but she didn't care.
Remember whose granddaughter she is.

Here we were going  down the Lafayette Highway.   I remarked that this was crazy.
She knodded, knowingly and  with a smile.


We stopped by the saltmine.
She took two shots of these cars. 
We liked both, so we kept them.
Saving stuff is no problem.
Remember.....


We continued on the country road headed to north Lafayette.

 Looking back to the saltmine from the Teurling's crossing.
What a great start to our outing, a train was crossing  at Mudd Ave.
 She went to work.


 The last car came along carrying a military looking vehicle.  
We'd have a second chance at that one.
 We zipped on over to St. Antoine and sat and watched the freight lumber by.
She went back to work.



 This time she snagged the last car. This was on Morgan St. and St. Antoine.
Yes, the same Morgan as in "Morgan City", and  a railroad and steamship company 
that bore his name.
 Then she got the shot of the ride.
I gasped.  It looked as if all  hell had broken loose.
Calm down, it's OK.  The car was taking a right off of Morgan
and the light, rain on the windshield and moving train all were in the mix.
 Quiet returned to the rails and we moved on.
 Next up was the Lafayette Yard. 
We missed the view into the yard which was almost a "white out".
It would have been framable.
This is looking east over the University Ave. underpass.
 Next are yard pictures.





 Another white out.
 At the west switch she shot the Norfolk Southern sitting in the deluge ready to rumble.
 East of Rayne the rain slacked off.

Returning east .....  it didn't.
Not a bad outing, back for 13:30.