Train Chase: AMTK Friday

Here comes another one.
Arriving at Cade, a north bound freight sat. That usually
means more entertainment is forthcoming.





Yes, it was the container train. I've seen it down at Bayou Sale
several times.



I settled in at Camp Pratt between Cade and New Iberia (LA)
Mz Mountain Laurel sat there running, also. She'd be there for a
long long time. She may still be there.



What?

You cannot mistaken those horns and it was moving fast.
I thought I'd missed the eastbound Amtrak. It was 3 hours late.













That last car was very strange. My shooting today was
sloppy. Here it is highly magnified. Is it an engine?



The sky was getting very picturesque.



My camera has now started taking pictures on its own.



Some are better than others.



There was a large truck on the road. It looked like a Volvo,
but could have been a White or Freightliner.



Identical cars create a pretty fancy design. Lace curtains come to mind.
Check with your wife first.



I wonder if Dave Robicheaux was moving to a lower floor.



The lone tug sat next to the old scales with the depot in the rear.
You get points for the more stuff you put in a picture.



This one caught my eye.







Heading back north with the storm on my tail I stopped here
and checked the switch before proceeding.



I dove into Spanish Lake.





I wandered up and down Old US 90. The westbound
never came. It is multiples of hours late having just cleared
Bayou Sale around 6:oo pm. At least I'm home. I could be
at some station waiting for a brother in law.
7:14pm: AMTK 44 W has just cleared New Iberia.
Soon Mz Laurel Mountain can go home.