Paw Paw...Where Does Pipe Come From?

Out of a need to get out into the pretty weather I headed south.
South is close by.
I was amazed to find that a twofer was at hand.
Twofers, though somewhat common, 
have to be appreciated.
I stopped and took a few shots.


 Then I decided, since it was Friday, I'd check the Port of Iberia and see 
if a pipe train was being put together. I'd been asked about the origins
of pipe and needed pictures as a teaching aid.

First, I'd have to traverse the worst motorcycle riding surface every conceived.
I have a good handling semi dirt bike and it was skating all over this road.
Limestone is "stable" compared to this stuff.
It is similar to pea gravel.
The sugarcane is down. The port appeared as an oasis of sorts.
 Paw Paw, does pipe come from an oasis?
 Yes it does. If you cannot mislead or confuse a kid, why bother breathing?
 OK, that was harsh.
Here is the pipe loading yard and the place pipe comes from.
 Mother Pipe lives in there.
 Baby Pipes were everywhere.


And, this is how they go to their new homes in the ground.
Good night.