Train Chase: AMTK 96 Meets BNSF 3952

First of all, it was a cordial meet with each praising the other.

That off the table, let me proceed.



Tuesday was catch up day. My wife was out of town and I could attack matters using my own unique set of prioritizing skills. I'd had a package for Wally on the table for 2 weeks. Even I was getting guilt ridden about that. Then I heard that AMTK would be meeting BNSF at Cade. I hadn't received my invitation so I'd crash the party. Bad choice of words, "I'd join in the fun, " how's that?



Since Wally's house is close by, if I missed the meet that would be OK. I'd get one check mark anyway. If I actually caught AMTK, she would be almost 2 hours late. I didn't expect to meet either. BNSF was told to stay put until AMTK passed. Time out.



OK, AMTK refers to Amtrak's (the passenger train service) Sunset Limited that runs from New Orleans to Los Angeles and back. It would be coming "back" today. BNSF is the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway Co. I'm now going back to acronyms. And, I label pictures on top so you'll know what you are getting ready to see and don't guess before you know which has caused problems with belligerent readers before.



The story goes like this.



I'll be, the big freight was still there or this one was another one.

No lights, it was resting but the engines were still running. She

was waiting for something on Cade's sidetrack.







I gave each seat a special shot.











Hi Y'all!!







I was here before the storms today. They would take monitoring.







In about 10 minutes I heard the familiar sound. AMTK

engines raise all havoc coming down the line.







































These experiences are always short and sweet. She was

headed to New Orleans right down by the Super Dome.







After the passage of AMTK 96, BNSF 3952 did proceed to the

west end switch at Cade. So did I but I was a little late and

out of position, but since I'd gotten similar pictures yesterday

I didn't get into a big slump about it. Proudly, I did not

box myself in this time and have to wait for a mile long train

to pass before proceeding on to my next location, the Cade

depot area.























The light was a lot better today for a try at another trestle picture.

This one immediately north of Cade, La.























I passed them and waved. Next stop was the location of the

old Billeaud Sugar Mill in Billeaud, La, just south of Broussard.



I'd try for an "under an overpass" picture for my upcoming

photography book, "Under An Overpass", due to be published

whenever.































That's it. I went to Wally's and he didn't answer the door

so I left my package on the door knob. Check!. Amtrak

at Cade meets BNSF. Check! Ride report written. Check!

Now the horrible proof read. URG, I'm blowing that off.

Check!!!