Caney Lake Visit Incomplete

Al has written and expressed an interest in Winnfield.
He said he'd never been there and would like to visit.
I told him I'd send him the few pictures of the area I had
from a couple of long ago visits. The properties on these
shots say 2004. I think they were taken earlier, but maybe
not.

This is Gum Springs. It had a spring fed pool, covered
picnic tables and facilities. It was nice. It was built way back
by the CCC during the Depression. It is off US 84 between
Nachitoches and Winnfield. The props say it was taken in
April. I don't believe that either. I have recollections of
being very hot on this one. There is a horse riding area
across the road from it. I rode up to Natchitoches and
over to Winnfield and back home. I don't know if I'd
do that again.



This was taken when I camped out at Caney Lake St.Pk.
Now it is called Jimmy Davis St.Pk. To save typing, those
shots will be simply marked "PK".



This was an early morning shot. That "cup" sits before
me right now. Those may be the same boots, too.



Mz Guzzi was my main squeeze. Gorgeous Italian wench.
She went everywhere I pointed her with never a complaint.
If you believe that..............



This is one of the big river swamps in the area. Probably
off La.4.








Big Map....Click to enlarge if you need new glasses, like me.
Look .... a railroad to follow.



PK campsite.



The farmer came out and asked why I was taking a shot
of his mailbox. I had to smooth him over exclaiming about
how original it was. I'd already seen 6 variations of the
same theme but I had to say something. He said I could
shoot it as much as I wanted, beaming proudly. He also
boasted that it gets hit all the time but leaves the vehicle
something to remember it by. I bet. The road seems to
lend to accidents being straight and wide like it is.



Campsite at night. The bugs and frogs were a wall of sound.



OK, Al, there's a fishing supply place and landing.
The park has 2 huge ones.



And a small part of the lake.



I have no idea?



Another shot of the PK campsite.



That's it. I guess I better get a few more shots. I'm convinced.
Whenever, let's go.